Good News for the Sales Department - CRM Boosts Sales
CRM Customer Relationship Management despite its warm welcome from most industries has still to convince the sales department of its advantages.
Salespeople tend to resist the implementation of CRM sales solutions simply because CRM is a stringent,
rule oriented process, whereas most sales people are free spirited and operate without demarcations. The difficulty lies mainly in adopting too costly CRM projects and improper sales processes or systems. Salespersons want to work with a user-friendly system that gives them more time to sell to customers. Most salespeople feel that CRM is not succeeding and they prefer to do without it. This however is a misconception.
CRM enables salespeople to deliver qualified sales leads with ease. The statistics show that almost 30% of companies who have implemented CRM find that their sales have actually soared. Despite the fact that this is a relatively low figure, revenue has increased up to almost 55% per sales executive. The lead generation rate has shown an increase of 310 % while the cost of sales has evidenced a decrease of 31 %.
Here's How Sales Increases with CRM:
How to Optimize Sales CRM
- CRM encourages salespersons to set higher targets and helps them to earn higher commissions and bonuses. CRM indirectly helps the sales as it helps the marketing department in all its efforts for ex. Marketing campaigns.
- Several components of CRM deal with sales effectiveness and gain excellent results. CRM systems are often simple to use and smack of ease in integration. CRM used the right way helps organizations to forecast sales results accurately and basically boosts sales.
- CRM implementation facilitates the communication within the sales department. In addition to that the vertical and horizontal communication within the entire organization is also enhanced and made easier.
- CRM sales solutions provide a remarkable integration with word, spreadsheets, PowerPoint, etc. and saves valuable time of sales persons. Workflow becomes easier and work routines for the sales department are far more flexible with the implementation of CRM.
- There is a considerable reduction in lost sales leads as certain CRM solutions, for example CRM SalesLogix work specifically towards that goal. These solutions serve to alleviate a problem that often hampers success. CRM also enables quick and accurate sales proposals to be made by the sales department.
- For CRM implementation salespersons have to follow an established sales process. Without this it is almost next to impossible to actually implement CRM and expect astonishing sales results. The process should have clearly defined stages, with adequate provision made for risks and should be laid out before the implementation of CRM.
- CRM should be implemented in parts in the sales department. This phased implementation is often easier and more productive. Focusing on individual processes in turn will go a long way in ensuring success.
- If processes are cross- department in nature it is imperative to ensure that the process impact in each department is studied effectively. Mapping out the required processes is essential and needs to be done.
- When buying/installing a CRM system an organization needs to take into account sales department need and preferences to ensure their unending support.
CRM sales solutions serve not only to benefit the sales department alone. Their benefits encompass other departments as well, since the increased revenue from sales is the focal point of success. Organization profitability depends on the revenue generated from sales. Thus ample effort should be made to establish a clearly defined sales process and organizations should strive to make efficient use of CRM for sales problems.
CRM - Who leads the pack?
Holistic gains of CRM - The Rewards are Huge
CRM - Marketing's Biggest Tool
Retaining CRM Employees- Critical to Organization Success
Boosting Customer Loyalty - How it's done
CRM's Phenomenal Growth - Fact or Fiction?
CRM's ROI -The True Picture
Capturing the CRM Market - Who succeeds at it?
CRM's New Trends Take Shape
CRM - A look at what most CRM Products cost
CRM - the millenniums new management tool
CRM and its Components - Why are they essential?
Why CRM is crucial to your organization
CRM has Career Potential - make CRM your Career Choice
Get the most out of your CRM solution -How to optimize it
The Secrets out - CRM is the Best Customer Strategy to Implement
CRM Software - How to choose the best
CRM solutions- What do they offer?
Training in CRM - why it is essential and who requires it
CRM Benefits - How much do organizations stand to gain?
CRM works for small/big industries - A look at how it achieves this